21 September, 2017

Hunger and Desire

1 comments

Guruji, what are the most essential things that a spiritual teacher like you knows but common people like us don't?

Everyone knows everything, my boy, but only Gurus like us are conscious of that knowledge. That's what differentiates us from others.

Guruji, what does it mean to know things consciously?

If you are aware of certain facts, you must have observed that most spiritual Gurus practice similar things, such as abstaining from courtship. We don't want to be driven by lust and engage in insignificant activities. We know that the primary purpose of sex is procreation and ensuring the continuation of the human species on this planet. Therefore, we try to move away from it and seek a higher purpose for our lives.

Guruji, if conceiving a child is the sole aim of sex, then why does romance exist? Doesn't romance bring meaning to the activity? Don't our actions go beyond their purpose and bring more significance to our lives?

What brings meaning to our lives isn't simply what we think will bring meaning; it's what aligns with our purpose. If you had truly understood the context of what I was trying to say, you might have been in my place. That's the difference between you and me.

Guruji, I may not be as enlightened as you, but I do understand that going beyond the purpose of anything is considered insignificant, and it's better to abstain from it to find greater meaning in other things.

Now you're on the right track, my boy. Yes, that's what I meant.

Guruji, but didn't you want the food to change yesterday?

Yes, the food they served was terrible, and I don't want myself or my devotees to have tasteless food. So, I asked them to change it.

But Guruji, if the purpose of food is to satisfy hunger, isn't it insignificant to demand tasty food?

As I said, if you understood everything, you would be in my place. Let others also have time to ask questions; we are running out of time. Does anyone have any other questions?

One Response so far.

  1. Really great post, Thank you for sharing this knowledge. Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up.
    Best regards
    Eric stalker
    Owner of Moscow Mule Copper Mug

 

Total Pageviews