19 August, 2014

Book in my S(h)elf - The fault in our stars

0 comments
During my ordeal days, books I read are “The test of my life” written by Yuvraj Singh and “It’s not about bike” written by Lance Armstrong. Two major common things about above said books are; first, both books are autobiographies of cancer survivors. Second, Authors of both books are sport persons. Though these two books became my constant source of inspiration during my struggle, I was so maddened by reading (& hearing) the word cancer that, all I needed was alleviation from it. Thinking a good novel can calm down my agitated mind. I Googled saying “recently released novels”.  Though as usual Google offered me number of novels, I don’t know why? But this particular book (The fault in our stars) caught my eye. Not thinking much about the book i.e. its genre, author, outline or whatever I just brought it and started reading

When I went through few paragraphs by then I apprehended. I had selected cancer related book. I don’t know whether that was merely an accident or Gods will (then out of blue following question hit me, Are all accidents are gods will?) whatever by then I was so glued to the book that, I was in no mood to shut it down.

Here I am writing its review.

Well, as all reviews…. I too will begin with a long-familiar statement

Book Name: The Fault in our stars
Author: John Green
Genre: Adult-fiction

Spoiler alert: Book’s characters and bit of story line is revealed. If you have a plan of reading this book without knowing anything about it (just like me) please I beg you to leave this post as soon as possible.


Here we go…….

“The fault in our stars” is all about hazel grace’s cancer cum love life journey. Being diagnosed with the lung cancer in age 16, she with force of her mother goes to cancer support group. Where she meets a young boy named Augustus Waters, who is a charming and witty boy, is also an osteo sarcoma (rare type of bone cancer) survivor. He in first meet with Hazel Grace tells her that she looks like ‘V for Vendetta’ famous persona Natalie Portman. Soon they becomes good friends (I may be wrong in saying ‘friends’) and both embark on a roller coaster ride of emotion, love, and romance while searching for their favorite author named ‘Peter Van Houten’ who has written very famous novel called ‘An Imperial affliction’. In search for their favorite author they go to Amsterdam. On their trip Augustus Waters breaks a very dangerous news to Hazel grace. What was the news? Will they find their favorite author? What happens to both? will they survive deadly disease? 

That you have to find it in novel

“The fault is in our stars” is beautifully woven story. It has a humor, sorrow, friendship, romance, and bravery, everything in it. Overall, the whole novel is a package of all emotions. The novel is like a beautiful journey of roller coaster ride. It has ups, it has downs. It has philosophical touch. Some time it tickles in your bone, and some time it makes you to shed a drop of tear.  Whole novel is like mirror to the accidents of life.

If you have a craze about love stories with some philosophical touch then this is for you… Go for it…

Here are some quotes from the novel.


 

Total Pageviews