06 April, 2017

We Are All But Same

0 comments

Is there a problem, madam? the security guard inquired, noticing her exasperated expression.

Yes, there are a lot of problems with these people. They think so highly of themselves. Culture-less individuals, utter morons, she shouted in response to the security guard's question, capturing the attention of the surrounding crowd.

I was just trying to get away from them because they seemed to be begging for money. I had no ill intentions, explained the foreigner standing across from the lady.

What actually happened, madam? Did he try to harass you? Should I call the police? asked the confused pet shop owner, who had come out of his shop running upon seeing the gathering crowd.

Harass me? His luck seems better today. He hasn't done that, otherwise, I would have shown him what hell looks like," she retorted. "This man, this so-called foreigner, lacks humanity. He was just shooing away those little kids with a disgusting look. Racist. Who does he think he is? Just because he's white and those kids are black doesn't mean he has the right to do whatever he pleases. I'm a social activist, and I won't tolerate these kinds of actions, no matter who's involved. We are all the same, regardless of skin colour. Why don't these people understand that? We need to teach these scoundrels a lesson.

Sir, I honestly don't know what this lady is talking about. I was just trying to distance myself from those boys, thinking they might ask for money. I haven't done anything wrong, sir, the foreigner attempted to explain to the shop owner.

You better keep quiet now. I know what your intention was, the activist snapped.

Calm down, madam. Consider forgiving him for the moment. He won't forget this incident in his life. Let him go. Have you come to buy a pet, madam? What type of pet are you looking for? The shop owner tried to soothe her, concerned that more people might gather if she continued shouting.

Listen, mister, I don't care where you're from, but you need to realize you're standing on land known for its diversity. Even a hint of racism is unacceptable here. Understand that, or things won't go well for you. Consider this a warning. I won't say it again. The activist yelled at the foreigner one last time before finally letting him go.

"What a courageous lady..."

"She's a true social activist..."

"A lesson for all of us to learn..."

Various voices murmured as the crowd dispersed; within a few minutes, everyone had left.

Come on, madam. Let's head inside the shop, the owner prompted her.

Yes, I'm looking for a cat. What kind of cat breeds do you have? My daughter loves cats, the lady activist inquired.

Madam, speaking of cats, we have a wonderful breed called Bombay. It's an all-black cat. You need to see it; this breed is known for its playfulness. It's a highly sociable breed as well; children would adore it, no doubt, the shop owner said.

What? A black cat? I wouldn't even imagine having a black cat as a pet. Black cats are scary especially to see them at night. Besides, black cats bring bad luck. I don't want one. Don't you know black cats are associated with sabotage? Black cats are unsightly creatures. Tell me if you have any good breeds in white colour, the lady activist stated firmly.

Madam, all the white cats have been sold out. New cats will arrive at the shop next week. White cats are in high demand, and they require advance booking to purchase, the pet shop owner replied, looking somewhat disappointed.

Okay, take my card as a booking. Call me next week when the new cats arrive. Don't forget. I need to attend a protest at Town Hall today. I'm running out of time. Make sure to call me, the lady activist said as she got into her car and hurried toward Town Hall.

 

Total Pageviews